- Ph.D., Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. Expected 2012.
Dissertation Title: "Econometric Analyses of Health Care Data"
Committee: Sean Nicholson (Chair), Donald Kenkel, Claudio Lucarelli
- M.A., Economics, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, 2006.
- A.B., Economics, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, 2006, summa cum laude.
Fields of Specialization:
- Industrial Organization, Health Economics, Econometrics.
Fellowships and Awards:
- 2011, Cornell University Provost's Fellowship.
- 2011, Certificate for Graduate Teaching Assistant Excellence.
- 2008-2009, College of Human Ecology Research Fellowship.
- 2007-2008, College of Human Ecology Graduate Assistantship.
- 2006-2007, College of Human Ecology Graduate Fellowship.
- 2006, Phi Beta Kappa.
- 2004, Foundation Fellowship, University of Georgia.
- Fall 2007, Spring 2011 - Teaching Assistant to Donald Kenkel, PAM/ECON 4380: Economics of Public Health, Department of Policy Analysis and Management.
- Fall 2009 to Fall 2010 - University Tutor, PAM 3100: Multiple Regression Analysis and PAM 2100: Introduction to Statistics, Cornell University Office of State Programs.
- Spring 2008 - Teaching Assistant to Prof. J. Gerner, PAM 341: Economics of Consumer Law, Department of Policy Analysis and Management.
- Summer 2009 - Fall 2010: Research Assistant to Donald Kenkel.
- Fall 2008 - Fall 2009: Research Fellow under the supervision of Sean Nicholson.
- Summer 2007 - Present: Research Assistant to Claudio Lucarelli and Sean Nicholson.
- "Errors in Retrospective Data on Smoking: Comparing Maximum Likelihood and Ad Hoc Approaches" with Donald Kenkel and Feng Liu (2011). (Under Review, Journal of Applied Econometrics)
- "Perception Spillovers Between Bundled Goods: A Model of Physician Learning from Chemotherapy Choice" (2011). (Job Market Paper)
- "International Comparisons of Chemotherapy Use and Value" with Sean Nicholson, Claudio Lucarelli, and David Asch (2010).
(* Indicates that coauthored work was presented by coauthor.)
- American Society of Health Economists: 2008*, 2010
- Annual Health Econometrics Workshop: 2011*
Professional Affiliations and Service:
- American Economics Association
- American Society of Health Economists
- International Health Economics Association
- Referee: Economics and Human Biology
- Sean Nicholson, Professor of Policy Analysis and Management, Field of Economics
102 Martha Van Rensselaer Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 254 - 6498, E-mail: SN243@cornell.edu
- Donald Kenkel, Professor of Economics and Policy Analysis and Management
3M14B Martha Van Rensselaer Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 255 - 2594, E-mail: DSK10@cornell.edu
- Claudio Lucarelli, Assistant Professor of Policy Analysis and Management, Field of Economics
105 Martha Van Rensselaer Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 255 - 1948, E-mail: CL443@cornell.edu
Citizenship: United States
Field of Economics
404 Uris Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Google Voice: (607)699-1006